Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Picking 2010

We headed out to a different farm this year to get some pumpkins. Goodness knows I can't just pick a few up at the store. So, we headed east of the city out where Mount Hood and Mount Adams (shown behind Campers) can be seen in all their glory:


Suz was bound and determined, BOUND AND DETERMINED I TELL YOU, to pick out and carry her own pumpkin for as long as she could. You may not have picked up on this yet, but she is Independent With A Capital I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T.


And then there's the Zig, who took six times as long to pick out his pumpkin, because as Pa duly noted, "He had to find just the right one to love." Yes. That's our Zig.

And here are the three pumpkins with their proud new owners:

And that's the exciting pumpkin picking tale I have to tell.