For today... November 7, 2010
Outside my window... is a loaner car that Pa is driving for the week. His Honda Accord was t-boned last week by a young gal with no insurance, which means we're taking three to four weeks of our lives to get that straightened out. Literally and figuratively.
I am thinking... about the little girl birthday party that the Suz went to today that was above all, cute, but mostly, so! so! quiet! My only experience is with crowds of boys, so all I know is noise, noise, noise. And also: noise.
I am thankful for... the Suz's speech therapy class (class = two little girls) this year which is 'taught' in both English and Spanish. So not only is my girl getting some help with her sounds, but all three kids get to hear a solid 45 minutes of translated Spanish each week. Score!
From the learning rooms... We're all learning Spanish this year. I'm using a mixture of things to go about it, but it's been fun. And the kids love to hear me pull out some of the crazy dialogues I had to memorize as a kid.
From the kitchen... I've been tweaking a pancake recipe made with applesauce, and trying to decide if it is blog-worthy.
I am wearing... old tennis shoes that needed to be replaced about two years ago. And yet. They're still on my feet.
I am creating... a plan for touring California for two to three weeks in 2012. I think that would be a fun trip for the kids.
I am going... to attend Pa's annual fund-raising banquet for his non-profit this week. Looking forward to seeing all the creative stuff he's been up to, as well as enjoying a dinner out without the kids. Granted, I'll be eating with Pa In In-Charge Mode and a table full of strangers, but still. A night out.
I am reading... far more about Incas, Aztecs, and Mayas than I ever thought I would. Hello, grade school history, I never thought I'd see you again.
I am hoping... to see the space shuttle launch--but it keeps getting delayed and delayed and delayed. Our local science museum is planning a free live-feed of the launch (now November 30th) in their planetarium--which sounds really cool. Now if only that shuttle would just launch! Why aren't they consulting my schedule, ya know?
I am hearing... the sound of Mike Rowe talking on the TV. I declare, my kids are going to think of him like a family member one of these days, based on the amount of time he "spends" in our house.
Around the house... is a brand-new griddle that I've been using every chance I get. Campers talked me into buying it. He did.
One of my favorite things... is a brief moment of sunshine that breaks through during the eight months of gray in the Pacific Northwest. I think I appreciate the sun more seeing as it doesn't come around that much.
My plans for the week... include going on a field trip to the science museum, to learn about the physics of bridges. Right on!
Here is picture I am sharing... of my stunningly handsome boys on a recent field trip to a farm. Here they were looking at a honeycomb, but the theme of the day was "bugs."