Sunday, April 18, 2010

Simple Woman: April 18, 2010

For today... April 18, 2010

Outside my window... the red maple trees are starting to come back to life with the teeniest tiniest little leaves.

I am thinking... about how cell phones work, and how no matter how many times Hubs explains it to me, it never ever, never ever makes sense. My words become air waves? And they know which tower to go to? And they can travel across the country almost immediately? And then turn back into my words at the other end? See? It's hopeless.

I am thankful for... Legos. The boys are currently in the all-Legos, all-the-time stage of life. Gets them out of my hair. Gets the Legos all over the house. Win.

From the learning rooms... Campers was just introduced to the basics of World War II. I tried to work unicorns, rainbows, and ponies into the story. To no avail.

From the kitchen... asparagus is in season and on the menu. I've got four in this family who love it. The fifth stares at it for 20 minutes, pleads for mercy for another 10, and then chokes his itty bitty piece down with a big bite of drama butter.

I am wearing... short-sleeve (instead of long-sleeve) shirts under the same zip-up fleece I wear 327 days of the year.

I am creating... space in my schedule for a noontime cup of tea. Stash's Earl Gray is the current favorite.

I am going... to sign the lease on our next house this week!

I am reading... Red Sails to Capri to the boys. It drew us in from the first chapter which makes the read-aloud experience that much better. The past couple books have been too slow-moving and girly for me the boys.

I am hoping... to squeeze about two weeks of school into the following five days. We're getting close to being done and I'd like to have the worst over with before we move on May 1. 

I am hearing... my little girl say her colors. Correctly. Finally. She also signs the color when she says it, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Signing Time video the Suz has watched 876 times.

Around the house... are boxes sitting beside boxes sitting atop boxes. And did I mention the royal mess? Ai yi yi, it's reached epic levels. 

One of my favorite things... was watching both boys pluck the puffy seeds off a dandelion to give it a Mohawk. 

My plans for the week... include working like a dog during the day to get ready for this move, and then relaxing at night with episode after episode of The West Wing. I've got the DVDs of season one from the library. I will prevail.

Here is picture I am sharing... of the two showboats and the squash.