Sunday, April 25, 2010

Simple Woman: April 26, 2010

For today... April 26, 2010

Outside my window... and down the street a bit is a big wall-like lilac bush. And it smells delightful. And reminds me of my childhood home.

I am thinking... about what Spanish names to give to the kids for when we start language study this fall. For the boys, I'm thinking "Jefe" and "El Guapo." 

I am thankful for... a husband who has a clear head and a fantastic sense of humor. We're in, how shall we say, a rather "stressful" couple of months and I'd likely spin out of orbit if it wasn't for someone keeping me in line. 

From the learning rooms... the boys are listening to me read The House at Pooh Corner. I am not exaggerating--they spent the whole first chapter howling with laughter every time I said the word "Pooh." Help me.

From the kitchen... I'm trying to add more raw greens to our diet, encouraged on by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Pea pods were last week; broccoli this week. The produce guy at the market asked if I needed any help, and I said, "Yes. Tell me which green vegetable I should inflict on my kids this week."

I am wearing... a shirt which caused the boys to ask "are you going to give birth to that blubber, Mom?" Hmm. Need to schedule that liposuction. Cuz I'm obviously not getting to that "exercise."

I am creating... a big ol' huge honkin' mess in my house. We have packed the bulk of the non-essentials and now we're just tripping over the boxes.

I am going... to switch the Suz from a crib to a big girl bed when we move to a different house. What? Is age four too soon? Oh, I kid. 

I am reading... myself hoarse these days. Got so many books to read aloud to the kids. Made a big list at the beginning of the year and BY GOLLY we're gonna get through it! Or just get laryngitis! One of those!

I am hoping... that once summer rolls around I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Moving and change is hard. Me no likey.

I am hearing... Ziggy talk about what he wants to be when he grows up. This week it's an artist, an astronaut, or a comedian. I told him he could draw pictures of space ships and then make fun of them. 

Around the house... sits an old car seat waiting to be dropped off for recycling. Did you know that car seats expire after six years and shouldn't be used (due to weakening of the materials)? I learned that this week by innocently trying to sell my (expired, unsafe) car seat on craigslist. The uproar! Was fast! And furious!

One of my favorite things... was hearing Campers brag about his brother to our pediatrician this week. Why, it was almost like he was proud of him--the thought!

My plans for the week... include sitting in a fetal position and rocking for a bit. What. This isn't how you deal with major life change? Oh, well forget I said that then.

Here is picture I am sharing... of the Pa. He hates having his photo taken. Hates it even more when it shows up on the blog. But you won't tell, right?