Sunday, September 5, 2010

Simple Woman: September 5, 2010

For today... September 5, 2010 

Outside my window... is a pumpkin plant that came up voluntarily in part of our yard. It's taking over many square feet and *kinda sorta maybe* looks like it *might hopefully* have a pumpkin growing on it. Which would be a first for our black thumb kind of luck. The kids have no idea that pumpkins don't grow in grocery store bins.

I am thinking... about how this was possibly the coldest summer I've ever experienced. 60-some degrees most days. Roughly seven total days that went above 90. I don't generally like the heat, but still. 70s would have been nice, Mother Nature.

I am thankful for... Ziggy's baseball camp he went to last week. It met Monday through Friday, for three hours each day. Because it was the last week of summer break around here, the class size was super small, so Ziggy got a lot of one-on-one help from some really great guys. And he had so, so much fun.

From the learning rooms... we have finished four weeks of school. We are now in the middle of a four-week break while I recover from the miscarriage and pack for my trip to the Midwest.

From the kitchen... I've got plans to make cinnamon rolls. Comfort food. 

I am wearing... jeans being hooked together at the waist by a rubber band, or what I like to call "redneck maternity clothes." I'm really looking forward to my belly shrinking back down to the good ol' muffin top.

I am creating... a dent in the couch from all the "resting." Which you can imagine is right up my alley.

I am going... to spend the week watching Berkeley Square. BBC TV helps the medicine go down.

I am reading... about how it's very common to gain weight after having a D&C. Apparently, that's due to a mixture of hormones, hormones, and depressing hormones. I mean, I don't mind looking pregnant if I'm really pregnant, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a few uncomfortable conversations in the future. Right on.

I am hoping... to get a couple school-year field trips planned out this week. We have a great group of families we do field trips with each year, and each mom takes a turn heading up one or two trips. It works out well.

I am hearing... the sound of my three kids growing. Seriously. What was in that cold, summer air? Miracle Gro?

Around the house... is a well-used game of UNO. Definitely one of our favorite games right now. Even if it does send Pa and I to the brink of insanity while waiting for the boys to stop giggling and horsing around when they should be laying down a card. The thought! They're having fun!

One of my favorite things... is our local community center and all their reasonably-priced, kid-friendly classes. It's been a great summer of getting to know other kids and letting the boys be under the tutelage of other adults. And they both did well, which was really encouraging to me. Sometimes I wonder.

My plans for the week... include packing and prepping for a twelve-day trip to Indiana and Ohio. I leave this Friday with all three kids to visit family and friends back 'home.' Looking forward to it.

Here is picture I am sharing... of the kids have a picnic in their "spaceships" out in the backyard. I believe that was Campers' idea. As usual.