Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Imagination Station

After four years of being in our city, we've not yet tried every park. Pa knew that there was an Imagination Station in the area, one very similar to the Imagination Station the boys played on "back home."

We headed there one day when the sun came out, as that in itself is a reason to celebrate. We even picked up pizza on the way home because we were so charged up with Vitamin D we couldn't stop ourselves! Crazy!

That was of course after I had sat on Pa's glasses right there in the park. You see, we've reached the glorious stage where we can say "SHOO KIDS, DON'T BOTHER ME" and for the most part, they play happily at the park without interference. YES, AMEN AND HALLELUJAH, THERE IS A GOD. So anyway, that meant that Pa and I got to sit on a blanket and apparently I'd had too much Sun to drink as I soon, and accidentally, sat down on his very expensive and specialized glasses. Uh-huh. That's what I did, and then felt sick to my stomach, and nearly cried, which is saying something right there. 

To answer your question about the glasses, Pa plans to just use an old pair until we've saved up the money nerve to replace them. Yes, I damaged them that badly by sitting on them, I know, the jokes just write themselves.

So the playground was fun and we had a great view of planes flying in and out of the airport. Correction, the kids and I had a good view of the planes, and Pa did not. That's kind of the down side to a pair of broken glasses.