I told the kids we'd take it easy with school the week we got back from San Francisco. I mean, for all intents and purposes, our week in San Francisco was far more educational than some of our days at home. But I digress. We needed time to decompress and make sense of all that we did on our trip.
While making plans to check out the Wells Fargo museum in San Fran, I discovered that there was a Wells Fargo museum in my very own city that somehow, somehow I'd never even heard of. I informed the kids that we'd have to check the place out to see how it compared to the one in San Francisco.
So on our first day "back to school," I told the kids we'd visit the local museum the next time the frozen yogurt place nearby had their double-punch day. I mean, doesn't everybody plan their outings around food?! Of course! Ten minutes later, I saw on Facebook that double-punch day was that very day, and that's all the motivation we needed to get our work done in the morning.
The Wells Fargo museums are well done, and require about an hour to take in the exhibits. I love that these places are generally staffed by people who love their jobs and love to answer questions. We had the place to ourselves and learned all sorts of things that tie in with our current studies in history.
Oh, and for those who are wondering--the museums are similar, but by no means identical. Each has local history incorporated with the main theme of Wells Fargo and their stagecoach experience.
We did end our afternoon out with a stop by our favorite fro-yo place in town, which definitely helped with our re-entry into Normal Life. Yay, museums and treats!