Saturday, May 19, 2012

Snippets From The Week: The May 19, 2012 Edition

Suz, while sitting on the tire swing at the park:  "Mom? Would you spin me like a TOMATO?!" [tornado]

----------

Pa, on Mother's Day, to the kids:  "Why don't you go give your mama a hug?"

Zig:  "Sure. But first I have to fart."

----------

The Suz had a temporary tattoo that she wanted put on her arm. She asked, "Mom, would you put my tic-tac-toe on today?" 

----------

I was reading aloud a Shel Silverstein poem about "catching the moon in a net," and just for kicks, I decided to ask the Suz if it was possible to catch the moon in a net. In a very exasperated tone she answered, "Nooooo! Don't be ridiculous!" And just when I thought we might be getting somewhere in her growth, she went on excitedly, "We'd need a plane! And then we could catch the moon in a net."

----------