The kids and I were volunteering at our local food bank where we all had to wear hair nets. Suz took one look at them and said, "Oh, yeah! We had to wear these when we saw the DUMB SUCKER place!" [Dum Dum Suckers]
----------
The Suz is starting to read signs as we drive around town. Today she said with the joy of discovery, "Ooooooooh! It's Taco BELL, not Taco BILL!!! I didn't know that!"
----------
I pulled out the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" book and the Suz soon announced, "Oh. This is where the caterpillar turns into a RACCOON." [cocoon]
----------
Recently, we toured our local public TV station where the Suz got to hug an adult-sized Clifford. I asked her if that was the real Clifford. She stated, "No. That was just a person dressed up as Clifford. The real Clifford lives inside our TV!"
I then asked her if we cut open our TV if Clifford would be inside. She's still mulling that over.
----------
Since the girl is starting to spell / read, the rest of us in the family have to be smarter about how we talk to each other. For example, it's not uncommon for us to spell the word C-H-I-N-A because if the Suz hears that word, she goes off like a game show contestant who just won the jackpot. Well, now if we want to talk about China (or some other trigger word), we have to either spell it backwards or add some extra letters.
Campers (OF COURSE) loves this game, and he's been know to shout out, "Mom!?! Are we going to the P-Q-A-R-Z-K today?" Poor Suz. She's never going to forgive us for misspelling all these words.
----------
By some miracle, all three kids were quiet *at the same moment* in the van. Soon enough, though, I heard the Suz shout out, "WALL-uh!! wall-UH!" I had no idea what she was saying, but by about the fifteenth time, I figured out she was trying to say, "Voila!" We tried, in vain, to get her to say it correctly. She finally got exasperated and said, "Oooohhh. This SPANISH is SO HARD."
Campers saw a picture of someone with a Guinness beer sign hanging behind him. He said, with much surprise, "Whoa! That guy set a Guinness World Record?!?!?"