All that "deep breathing" they teach you in Lamaze? It's useless for pregnancy, but handy for parenting.
Like the moment, perhaps, when I laid my eyes upon this:
The One Time, I'm telling you, The One And Only Time I left my cell phone within reach of small hands, it was grabbed in a blink. Oh, and then it was taken outside and screeeeeeeeched back and forth on the cement sidewalk.
Whoever might the guilty party be?
Like the moment, perhaps, when I laid my eyes upon this:
The One Time, I'm telling you, The One And Only Time I left my cell phone within reach of small hands, it was grabbed in a blink. Oh, and then it was taken outside and screeeeeeeeched back and forth on the cement sidewalk.
Whoever might the guilty party be?
You'd think I'd learn. You'd think I'd know these things by now.
And yes, my phone still works. But I have to stare at its ugliness for one-and-a-half more years.
And with each look, I take a deep cleansing breath for good measure. "It's only a phone, hoo hoo, it's only a phone, hoo hoo."

