Both boys came running into the house today to tell me all about The Birds that were Making A Lot of Racket outside.

And when I looked, there were indeed twenty or fifty o' dem birds, all cawing and circling the top of a tree not far from our house.
It was like Alfred Hitchcock had come to town.
Here's how the conversation went down:
Campers: "Mom! What is all that noise about?!?!?"
Ma: (pulling from my reservoir of Very Limited Knowledge) "Ummmm, I dunno. Maybe they're telling each other there's a tasty meal at the top of that tree."
(Big pause.)
Campers: "So why don't they just hush up and eat?"
(Another big pause, as I dig even deeper into the Land of Make-Believe.)
Campers: "Oh. I know. I'll bet they're praying before they eat."
[Insert lots of raucous giggling, enough to drown out the sound of the birds. Whose cawing went on for over an hour.]

And when I looked, there were indeed twenty or fifty o' dem birds, all cawing and circling the top of a tree not far from our house.
It was like Alfred Hitchcock had come to town.
Here's how the conversation went down:
Campers: "Mom! What is all that noise about?!?!?"
Ma: (pulling from my reservoir of Very Limited Knowledge) "Ummmm, I dunno. Maybe they're telling each other there's a tasty meal at the top of that tree."
(Big pause.)
Campers: "So why don't they just hush up and eat?"
(Another big pause, as I dig even deeper into the Land of Make-Believe.)
Campers: "Oh. I know. I'll bet they're praying before they eat."
[Insert lots of raucous giggling, enough to drown out the sound of the birds. Whose cawing went on for over an hour.]