Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday Burgers

For my birthday a couple weeks back, I dragged the fam out to Burgerville:



And though *I* certainly don't look a year older, those boys have aged about three years this summer. Where did those lanky legs come from?

(Not speaking of the ones on the far left. I know EXACTLY where those tree stumps came from.)

(And it might rhyme with "fice fream.")

Speaking of having an affinity for the good stuff, here's the Suz with a French fry:


Honestly, she preferred the apples:



The boys were just tickled pink that they could go to a restaurant! And get a hot dog! And "fries that taste better than the fries you make at home, Mom!"

Feel the birthday love, the pure and simple adoration.

Speaking of random acts of unselfishness, I then dragged the Pa and the kids off to the thrift shop, but not any thrift shop!

THE SUPER GOODWILL:

We spent a good hour rummaging through other people's junk, and eventually left with a pair of jean shorts for the Ma.
Another year older; another thigh chunkier.

Hippo Birdie to me.