Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Smoothie Party

While Pa and Ma Senior were in town, I decided to host a Smoothie Party for the neighborhood. I figured it would be a great way for my parents to meet the folks living around us without them having to stop at each house and introduce themselves.

They'd do that, you realize.

Because they "like" people, and enjoy "talking" with them.

Obviously I got the recessive gene.

Speaking of going bananas, I went a little bit overboard in the amount I bought:



Not that I would ever overdo anything. Noooo, I'm not over-prepared like that.

Recessive gene.

And Campers was kind enough to NUMBER each bunch of bananas for me, so that I could use them "in order."

DEFINITELY THE RECESSIVE GENE.

We had 32 people show up at our party, which was about 25 more than I was expecting. (The seven people I knew would show up were directly related to me. And they don't miss a Food Event fer nuthin'.)

It was a good thing my mom and dad were there, because they can talk to a blank wall and make it want to talk back. And I just delightfully hid behind the blender and grunted an occasional word now and then.



You can read more about how the smoothie party was organized and the recipes I used over at my blog where I "write."

Which is unlike this blog where I mostly "ramble." And show an unorthodox number of pictures of my children. And tell an insane amount of stories of the same.

Yep, that chatty gene? Skipped right past me.