Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Because Using A Real Butter Dish Would Have Not Fit The Theme

Some years, Easter dinner consists of ham cooked in the crock pot, canned green beans, and biscuits.

And that's it.


I tell you these things so you'll like me.

(It's not working.)

(Okay, so I'll just work hard at exposing our Weird.)

Pa and I have this odd tradition that before we sit down to eat a holiday meal, we have to photograph the event.

And I think I can safely say that THAT tradition did NOT come from MY side of the family. When *we* see food; we eat it. Not photograph it.

But I digress.

Pa has his own tradition in that when I take a picture of him, he has to act like a dork:


That's so! Not me!

(*cough*)

Okay, okay. I'll fess up to my fancy contribution to the Easter meal: The Butter Dish That Happens To Look A Lot Like The Wrapper.

See?

Now all of your mealtime adventures seem fancy and refined in comparison.

Anyone have anything tasty for Easter dinner?