Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snippets From The Week: The March 17, 2012 Edition

Pa and I have a few favorite cereals that we eat after the kids go to bed. I know. Livin' it up. We happen to keep these boxes on the top shelf of the top cupboard in the kitchen. Out of the kids' reach, if you will.

Couple of days ago, I saw the Zig climbing all over the kitchen cabinets like a monkey, hanging on an open cupboard door and desperately trying to reach the peanut butter cheerios. All the while he was muttering to me, "Why do you put the cereal waaaay up here? I can't reach it! This is not a very safe place to keep the cheerios."

Dang it. Now I gotta find a different hiding spot.

----------

The Suz came running up to me (as she has just two speeds: running, and asleep) and started telling me a story, which was the standard shouting-slash-doesn't-know-when-to-stop story: "Mom! I went up to your room! And I knocked! And there was my bruther! And he was playing Legos! And I walked in and he said 'get out'! And then I came down the stairs and saw you!"

To which Cam replied by shouting through the heat vent in the floor, "TMD! TMD! TOO! MANY! DETAILS!!!"

Like mother, like son -- I finally asked the Suz, "Was there a point to this story?" And she, of course, said quite happily, "No!"

[I am totally gonna start a group called Introverts Anonymous. And I'll have meetings by myself and invite no one besides myself.  NO ONE!!!]

----------

Suz, looking at a picture of Zig with a dum-dum sucker in his mouth: "Mom! He has a CIRCLE in his mouth!"

----------