We finally took Ollie to get his first round of immunizations. Not bad for having the cat around for seven months, eh? We went to a clinic, which meant we still paid a bunch for the shots, but got to wait in line for a long time, too! Suz was off shopping with Pa while Ollie got his shots done, so she missed The Show. (After all, she equates "getting shots" with "Armageddon.") Her first words once she saw the cat were, "Did Ollie get his shots? Cuz I don't see any Band-Aids!"
----------
Suz: "Mom! Campers and I THINKED up a new game!"
Campers: "It's not, "thinked," it's "THUNK."
Me: "THOUGHT! It's THOUGHT!!!"
Campers: "I know. I just like to drive you crazy."
Me: *BIG SIGH*
----------
We have a scripture CD with a song to the verse, "Keep your tongue from e-e-vil," and the Suz has been listening to it all week. She's got the verse memorized, but too bad the words aren't right. The two most recent versions are, "Keep yo-self from me and you," followed by "Stick your tongue for me and you."
And for "Honor your father and mother," she's memorized (and sings at high volume), "I know your father and mother."
See? We are so on the ball.
----------
Kids sat down to dinner where there was a big bowl of cole slaw on the table. Suz hollers out, "Oh, yum! Slimy Joe!" (I assume she was thinking of sloppy joe, which we weren't having at all.)
----------
Thanks to the girl's gymnastics class and the kids being caged up inside, they've started doing somersaults all through the house. Over and over and over again, mostly on the couch. I can stand the noise and chaos for a few minutes before I, well, calmly ask them to do something else. *cough cough* The boys were able to trick me for a while, though, as they started saying to each other, "Hey! Let's go do our winter peppers!" It took me a while. Yes it did. Finally I realized they were speaking in code: winter peppers = summer salts. Huh. Score one for the kids.
----------
We have a scripture CD with a song to the verse, "Keep your tongue from e-e-vil," and the Suz has been listening to it all week. She's got the verse memorized, but too bad the words aren't right. The two most recent versions are, "Keep yo-self from me and you," followed by "Stick your tongue for me and you."
And for "Honor your father and mother," she's memorized (and sings at high volume), "I know your father and mother."
See? We are so on the ball.
----------
Kids sat down to dinner where there was a big bowl of cole slaw on the table. Suz hollers out, "Oh, yum! Slimy Joe!" (I assume she was thinking of sloppy joe, which we weren't having at all.)
----------
Thanks to the girl's gymnastics class and the kids being caged up inside, they've started doing somersaults all through the house. Over and over and over again, mostly on the couch. I can stand the noise and chaos for a few minutes before I, well, calmly ask them to do something else. *cough cough* The boys were able to trick me for a while, though, as they started saying to each other, "Hey! Let's go do our winter peppers!" It took me a while. Yes it did. Finally I realized they were speaking in code: winter peppers = summer salts. Huh. Score one for the kids.
----------