Saturday, February 25, 2012

Snippets From The Week: The February 25, 2012 Edition

The Suz was looking at a picture of herself where her belly was sticking out. She said, "Good thing my NICKELS weren't showing!" [referring to her chest, of course]

----------

I've been working with the Suz for weeks now on understanding what a "vowel" is. One of her workbook lessons from this week had several short words where she had to circle the vowel. She did all right until I said, "Okay. In the word 'I,' what is the vowel?" And you know what she shouted with a great deal of confidence? "U!"

----------

When it's misty outside, the Suz says it's "soggy." And when she's eating cereal, she doesn't want it to get "foggy."

----------

Campers was at the entrance to the room I was in, opening and closing the door multiple times. He said, "Mom? I can't believe you've not told me to stop." So I said, "Well, it's still early in the day when I have a nerve or two left. My real beauty shows up later on." He replied, "I think you mean The Beast."

----------

Right before lunch one day I hollered out, "Campers! Say prayer." And once we all got settled and quiet, he said just one word, "Prayer." To which I replied, "Okay! Let's eat."

[I laughed. Boy did I laugh. Yet Campers knows this is a one-time joke. I figure lightening up and letting go are things I should do more often.]

----------