Monday, February 6, 2012

Library Art Day - Lois Ehlert

As homeschooling gets to be more "popular," I'm amazed at the resources made available to students during the day. It's awesome, really.

One of our local libraries has a class twice a month geared for kids five and up. And WHEW, we are finally there. The class is in the afternoon and I have zero children who need a nap or a rest or a diaper or a snack. Okay, so I still pack snacks. Can't help myself. I get hungry.

Anyway, this series of [FREE] classes is focused on children's book illustrators and their style of art. During the session, the kids listened to a story written and illustrated by Lois Ehlert, talked about her style of art, and then were sent off to create their own collages.

I particularly like outsourcing our art classes as my skills, they are nil. And it was nice, so nice, to have someone else in charge of the chitlins for an hour during the day.