We finally learned that any road trip with kids involves a stop every 27 minutes. Every 30 on a good day. So now we just plan these little "side trips," deceiving ourselves into thinking It's All About The Journey, Not The Destination.
(If you need posters with cheesy sayings? I know who to call.)
So on our way down the coast, we saw the brochures! And the signs! For the best! Aquarium!
What I saw was the price! Of admission! To smell stinky fish!
But The Fun People won out.
You know, I'm gonna start carrying a white flag in my purse.
Yeah, so the kids in the matching red shirts were mine, yada yada yada.
And here they got to watch some swimming beast getting fed, blah blah blah:
And pet the sea anemones and starfish:
(If you need posters with cheesy sayings? I know who to call.)
So on our way down the coast, we saw the brochures! And the signs! For the best! Aquarium!
What I saw was the price! Of admission! To smell stinky fish!
But The Fun People won out.
You know, I'm gonna start carrying a white flag in my purse.
Yeah, so the kids in the matching red shirts were mine, yada yada yada.
And here they got to watch some swimming beast getting fed, blah blah blah:
And pet the sea anemones and starfish:
Oh, but I eventually lightened up. I do that roughly five minutes of every day. Keeps the children guessing.
So the aquarium had one of those "shark tunnels" you could walk under and what did we see?
One of those Man Sharks, cleaning the tank. We convinced poor Zig it was a Mer-man. I must have stared and giggled at that poor employee for at least five minutes. Talk about a complex. I'll bet he waves his white flag too.
(Stupid grumble grumble grumble grumble tourists.)
But, we got to blow some money AND some energy at the same time. Now that's what I call a quality vacation.



