Right around Christmas time (I KNOW, I KNOW, GET OFF MY CASE), I kept reading about this "lights in the woods" thing we could go to for free.
It all sounded so outdoorsy, so Christmas-spirity, so easy on the pocketbookety. So, each weekend when the event rolled around, I'd ask Pa if he wanted to go. His answer was always the same:
"MEH."
Finally I just got a burr in my saddle and said to the fam, "WE ARE GOING."
And so we did.
We traveled about 20 minutes out of the city, parked the van, and found this:
I have not heard the end of it YET.
I, of course, HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR and laughed my fool head off while I walked alongside the SINGLE STRAND OF LIGHTS in the woods.
The kids took on the mood of their Pa.
"This is it? This is ALL there is? What a waste of time!"
Which, of course, only added to my non-stop giggling.
Here we are, crossing a bridge in the dark of night:
It all sounded so outdoorsy, so Christmas-spirity, so easy on the pocketbookety. So, each weekend when the event rolled around, I'd ask Pa if he wanted to go. His answer was always the same:
"MEH."
Finally I just got a burr in my saddle and said to the fam, "WE ARE GOING."
And so we did.
We traveled about 20 minutes out of the city, parked the van, and found this:
I have not heard the end of it YET.
I, of course, HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR and laughed my fool head off while I walked alongside the SINGLE STRAND OF LIGHTS in the woods.
The kids took on the mood of their Pa.
"This is it? This is ALL there is? What a waste of time!"
Which, of course, only added to my non-stop giggling.
Here we are, crossing a bridge in the dark of night:
I just dare you to find a strand of lights in that shot.
Fortunately, much to Pa's level of happiness, the neighborhood that hosted the big and flashy "Lights In The Woods" also had a big kid-fest downtown.
So the kids got to decorate cookies:
It was a perfect end to a perfectly hilarious evening.
It's the stuff that memories are made of, fer shure.