Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ziggy's Birthday: Part 2

For the first time in five years, it wasn't scheduled to rain on Ziggy birthday. So I finally made the "birthday party plan of my dreams" by hosting the party at a park.

Yes!

No house to clean!

I've always got the kids' best interest in mind, of course. I knew they'd love going to the park. Yes. That's it.

So we stuffed the stroller full of junk and hoofed it down to the park.



First on the itinerary was lunch. Hot dogs, chips, and Capri-Sun. Look at me, the nutrition nazi. But it was Ziggy's pick, and easy to haul to the park.

Outside of his siblings, Zig invited four other boys to his party.

Yes. That's a table full of boys, right there.



Honestly, it was a great group of kids. All friends of the Zig's, and calm, well-mannered children at that.



The boys on each end are friends from church, and the other two (non-orange-shirt-wearing) are boys (brothers) in our homeschool field trip group.



It was a beautiful day for fun in the sun.

More pics to come.