One decision we made early on in this parenting journey was to opt out of "gifts" being a part of the Friend Birthday Parties. Oh, you know me. I hate having to ask other moms to have to spend big bucks and time and effort to get stuff for my kids that they really don't need. Oh, I know that some people really like to give gifts, but oh well. They'll get over it.
(*smile*)
Plus, what young child likes to watch another little boy open up a bunch of loot while he gets squat?
NO CHILD THAT *I* KNOW.
With that plan, we waited until the kids went home and Ma and Pa had recuperated enough to speak in complete sentences. Then the Zig got to open presents from the Grandparents (XOXO) and from us.
I'm not sure when he went and grew up, but my boy somehow got old enough to assemble his own Lego set:
(*smile*)
Plus, what young child likes to watch another little boy open up a bunch of loot while he gets squat?
NO CHILD THAT *I* KNOW.
With that plan, we waited until the kids went home and Ma and Pa had recuperated enough to speak in complete sentences. Then the Zig got to open presents from the Grandparents (XOXO) and from us.
I'm not sure when he went and grew up, but my boy somehow got old enough to assemble his own Lego set:
And to play with the ever-popular, pattern blocks:
That eagle is all part of a made-up story that Pa tells the kids every now and then. Each member of our family is part of the story, and we all have fancy Dragonslayer names and a separate animal to represent our part in the story. So for this birthday, not only did Zig get his animal, but everyone else got their "character" as well. And now the boys love to act out the story and it's all so cute and once again, shocker, that Pa is a creative type if I ever did see a creative type.
Meanwhile, I wash a mean sink-full of dishes.
And thus ends the Fifth Birthday Celebration of the Zig, circa 2009.
Meanwhile, I wash a mean sink-full of dishes.
And thus ends the Fifth Birthday Celebration of the Zig, circa 2009.