Speaking of not wanting to pose for pictures anymore (*cough* *Cam!* *Zig!*), we still have one child who is in the height of smiling for the camera:
And it's the same face every time. We call it "picture face." Even request it when there's no camera around. Because we're hard up for entertainment, you see.
Included in our vacation package was a set of free tickets to climb the tallest lighthouse in Washington state.
Pa and I had to take turns climbing the 135 steps up to the top because kids Susie's age were not allowed in the lighthouse. Which was smart, because she never would have been able to climb that many steps, and the stairway was too narrow and I wasn't allowed to carry her (or anything) while making the trek.
Not to mention the random fear of heights or my own exhaustion and the slight claustrophobia while standing inside a rather narrow building.
I took the Zig up with me, and we truly enjoyed the 3.7 seconds we spent at the top.
(Get! me! down!)
Pa was not nearly so wrapped up in fears, so he had time to shoot a few pics like this:
Included in our vacation package was a set of free tickets to climb the tallest lighthouse in Washington state.
Pa and I had to take turns climbing the 135 steps up to the top because kids Susie's age were not allowed in the lighthouse. Which was smart, because she never would have been able to climb that many steps, and the stairway was too narrow and I wasn't allowed to carry her (or anything) while making the trek.
Not to mention the random fear of heights or my own exhaustion and the slight claustrophobia while standing inside a rather narrow building.
I took the Zig up with me, and we truly enjoyed the 3.7 seconds we spent at the top.
(Get! me! down!)
Pa was not nearly so wrapped up in fears, so he had time to shoot a few pics like this:
Mmmm-hmmm, right? NAUSEA. PAIN.
Campers did about as well as I did with the whole phobias. That boy and I are two peas in a pod.
And all outside the lighthouse there were these randomly worded signs:
Campers did about as well as I did with the whole phobias. That boy and I are two peas in a pod.
And all outside the lighthouse there were these randomly worded signs: