Saturday, July 25, 2009

Washington Coast: Part 8

Ooooh, Nelly. The last part of our free vacation package was a free wine, cheese and chocolate tasting at a nearby winery.



We've always wanted to do a wine tasting, but our life stage doesn't exactly lend itself to such delights. But free? FREE? And while we were already on vacation?

SCORE.

Pa and I each got to try six or forty-seven different wines. I lost track after a while. I also lost my ability to walk a straight line, but Pa seemed to be holding his own. I'm not sure if "bottoms up" is proper wine-drinking terminology, but hey. We're hicks.

Speaking of being hicks, I've not felt that dorky in a while. I mean, I just can't pull off "cool" or "refined" so my default mode went right into "acting like an idiot."

Didn't get any pictures of that. Sorry.

But it was fun to try several wines on someone else's dime. And there's no concern about either of us becoming drunkards anytime soon. About the only wine we liked enough to buy was $29 a bottle.

Mmm-hmmm. Water is lovely, thanks.

So here I am, post-wine:



And the Pa:



See? Just as dorky as always.

I'm sure the Suz was tearing up the place at this point, but we did manage to capture a shot of the boys hanging out near the vines (vines not pictured):



Wish you could have been there. It was an entertaining experience for us all.