Okay! So we went to Seattle!
(What? You've already read that?)
Anyway, we figured while we were 'up in Washington,' we might as well oughta do the Seattle Touristy Thing too and get it over with.
Fortunately, our whole trip (which I will detail in ten! long! posts!) was tainted with the fact that we had just come off of a 1) relaxing stay at a 2) free condo 3) on the beach 4) in near-total seclusion 5) where the weather was NOT 90-some-thousand degrees like it was in Seattle.
Oh, and did I mention we went there on July 4th weekend? When the city's population was 387 times higher than it usually is?
So...Seattle was kinda blah for us. Just telling you that upfront. I'm sure it's a delightful city, filled with magical and wonderful things--we just didn't have the time or money to see them. I probably wouldn't have like any city under all those conditions.
Moving on.
We stayed right near the Seattle Center, which was the site of the 1962 World's Fair. We also did most of our sight-seeing in that area, as getting around town was a pain in the neck (see: Holiday Weekend In A Big City) and we were not in the Adventuresome Mood.
So. We could see the Space Needle from our hotel:
(What? You've already read that?)
Anyway, we figured while we were 'up in Washington,' we might as well oughta do the Seattle Touristy Thing too and get it over with.
Fortunately, our whole trip (which I will detail in ten! long! posts!) was tainted with the fact that we had just come off of a 1) relaxing stay at a 2) free condo 3) on the beach 4) in near-total seclusion 5) where the weather was NOT 90-some-thousand degrees like it was in Seattle.
Oh, and did I mention we went there on July 4th weekend? When the city's population was 387 times higher than it usually is?
So...Seattle was kinda blah for us. Just telling you that upfront. I'm sure it's a delightful city, filled with magical and wonderful things--we just didn't have the time or money to see them. I probably wouldn't have like any city under all those conditions.
Moving on.
We stayed right near the Seattle Center, which was the site of the 1962 World's Fair. We also did most of our sight-seeing in that area, as getting around town was a pain in the neck (see: Holiday Weekend In A Big City) and we were not in the Adventuresome Mood.
So. We could see the Space Needle from our hotel:
And look! The Monorail!
And other interesting city-like sights!
And other interesting city-like sights!
The first night we were 'in town,' we headed off to the Experience Music Project, which is just a fancy way of saying "A Museum Having To Do With Something Pertaining To Music But I Couldn't Really Tell As It Was 'Free Night' And There Were Hordes, HORDES I TELL YOU, Of People In The Building The Same Time That We Were."