Our local art museum had free admission today, and the way I figure it -- if you're going to drag three kids through an art museum, it might as well be CROWDED and it might as well be FREE. Bliss!
And even though I got some strange looks while taking this picture, you'd better believe I wasn't leaving that building without getting a shot of my China girl and Chairman Mao:
The kids were mostly well-behaved, and when they weren't, there was always a museum employee just three feet away ready to jump in (not exaggerating) and Save The Valuables From Sure And Certain Doom. One particular gal gave the boys a stern talking to about staying "at least eight to ten inches away" and Campers was sure to nod and then ask me later for a ruler. *chuckle chuckle*
Now while this next picture is not a member of our family (in case you forgot, I know, I know, bloggedy blog blog need to blog more), he was a very popular exhibit at the museum. I could have stared for seconds, no--minutes, at him just wondering if he was real. Truly. It was all very odd.
After a good hour or so of looking at the Dumb Stuff On The Wall (just quoting the kids!), we then went to the ballroom within the museum where there was a kids' concert going on. You'd never guess who found the energy to jump up and down for at least a half-hour:
Mmmm-hmmm. Sparkly Susie. And while she danced and spun and waved and bounced, Campers collected free supplies for an art project, and the Zig built a tower of coats and laid himself down. A study in personality if ever there was one.