Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seaside - The Town

Pa and I felt the need to Get Out Of Dodge, and I felt the need to cram a little school in with the kids. Enter: a weekend trip to the Oregon coast.

The beach is always a soul-filling place to go, and as for school--we're ramping right up to Lewis and Clark, and goodness sakes, this region of Oregon is loaded with bits and pieces of history. So, last-minute plans were made and we shoved out the door.

Seaside is one of the more touristy towns on the Oregon coast, but that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes I crave peace and quiet; sometimes I like a little something to do. And in March, when it rains, having something to do besides play in the sand is a good thing.


Here's all the non-beach things we did while in Seaside for a day.

Got 75-cent Tillamook ice cream cones:

Played at the arcade:


And picked out some chocolates to eat while watching the sunset on the coast.


While we were buying the chocolates, a mom with a baby in a stroller stood in line behind us, and I thought, "How quickly my kids have grown." Truly. It seems like just yesterday we were packing cheerios and baby food and diapers and strollers and portable cribs and had to plan our whole schedule around feedings and naps. Now we have three kids who can walk up to a candy counter and place their orders. Huh. Whoda thought.