Well, if you can get past the gray hairs that are so prominently displayed on my head, you might notice that I am outside! In January! With only a fleece-type coat!
Surely this cannot be winter.
But let's back up a bit.
Around 11:00 a.m. today, I noticed a glow coming through the windows.
"WHATEVER COULD IT BE?!?!?!?" I asked myself.
"WHAT IS THAT BRIGHT ORB IN THE SKY??" I questioned.
Oh! It's the sun! Breaking through all the grayness!
So then my heart filled with glee (which as my kids will tell you--happens about once a year, when the house is spotless and the bills are paid and everyone is healthy and Mars lines up with Jupiter, JUST HOW I LIKE IT), and I went around the house sing-songing, "We must take a walk! We must take a walk to the park!"
So while the kids were dilly-dallying through their lunch, I headed to the computer to read through the hordes of blog comments that come my way each day.
If you think I'm a bit sarcastic, you're half right.
I'm a LOT sarcastic.
But where was I.
Oh, upstairs.
Soon I hear the Zig walking up the stairs saying, "Ma, I couldn't make it to the potty in time."
And it wasn't any "number one" I was seeing stained all over the lightly-colored-carpeted stairs as he step-step-stepped his way to help. Yep, it was the Good Stuff.
Good enough for Sister Susie to make her way up the stairs behind the Zig, touching the brown spots and tasting as she went.
I don't make this stuff up, I promise.
So eighteen gazillion hours later, AFTER THE SUN HAD GONE BEHIND THE CLOUDS, and I had given Zig his second bath of the day and cleaned the carpets and consoled the Campers and sanitized Sister's mouth, (OF WHICH NONE OF THIS I AM BITTER ABOUT), we headed outside.
Because We Were Going To Enjoy This Weather Whether We Wanted To Or Not.
Fine moods we were in, the lot of us.
Oh, but the rambling, it has got to stop! Okay, Ma, back to business.
So here's the Campers. Climbing like a little six-year-old skinny grade-school monkey.
But let's back up a bit.
Around 11:00 a.m. today, I noticed a glow coming through the windows.
"WHATEVER COULD IT BE?!?!?!?" I asked myself.
"WHAT IS THAT BRIGHT ORB IN THE SKY??" I questioned.
Oh! It's the sun! Breaking through all the grayness!
So then my heart filled with glee (which as my kids will tell you--happens about once a year, when the house is spotless and the bills are paid and everyone is healthy and Mars lines up with Jupiter, JUST HOW I LIKE IT), and I went around the house sing-songing, "We must take a walk! We must take a walk to the park!"
So while the kids were dilly-dallying through their lunch, I headed to the computer to read through the hordes of blog comments that come my way each day.
If you think I'm a bit sarcastic, you're half right.
I'm a LOT sarcastic.
But where was I.
Oh, upstairs.
Soon I hear the Zig walking up the stairs saying, "Ma, I couldn't make it to the potty in time."
And it wasn't any "number one" I was seeing stained all over the lightly-colored-carpeted stairs as he step-step-stepped his way to help. Yep, it was the Good Stuff.
Good enough for Sister Susie to make her way up the stairs behind the Zig, touching the brown spots and tasting as she went.
I don't make this stuff up, I promise.
So eighteen gazillion hours later, AFTER THE SUN HAD GONE BEHIND THE CLOUDS, and I had given Zig his second bath of the day and cleaned the carpets and consoled the Campers and sanitized Sister's mouth, (OF WHICH NONE OF THIS I AM BITTER ABOUT), we headed outside.
Because We Were Going To Enjoy This Weather Whether We Wanted To Or Not.
Fine moods we were in, the lot of us.
Oh, but the rambling, it has got to stop! Okay, Ma, back to business.
So here's the Campers. Climbing like a little six-year-old skinny grade-school monkey.
And Ziggy, swinging to his little heart's content.
But we can't all be happy at the same time, goodness sake, I'd die of shock.
"GET ME OUT OF THIS STROLLER, YOU NINNY OF A MOTHER!!!"
"GET ME OUT OF THIS STROLLER, YOU NINNY OF A MOTHER!!!"
At least that's what it looked like she was saying.
And this is our life, in the Winter Wonderland.
That looks a whole lot like spring.



