Sister Susie is all stuffed up these days. Makes for some terrible sleeping.
And that's just ME.
So last night, she woke up crying too many times to count.
Too many boring times to retell.
I tried holding her, rocking her, "sleeping" upright in the recliner with her...no luck.
And that's just ME.
So last night, she woke up crying too many times to count.
Too many boring times to retell.
I tried holding her, rocking her, "sleeping" upright in the recliner with her...no luck.
Finally, she was happy to "sleep" upright on my lap while I blogged away.
Good girl.
Well, she eventually grew tired of that scene, so I just sat her down on the floor beside me. Upright. You know, at about midnight. I figured we weren't sleeping anyway--might as well get some work done.
"Work." Now that's funny.
So she sat upright in a half-dazed stupor for at least ten minutes. [I plain forgot she was there!]
Then I heard "FFFWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!! FFFWWEEET FWWWEEEEET FWEEEEEET!!!"
Oh glory, she had found the recorder.
In the middle of the night.
Yeah, THAT went over well.
About as well as when I snatched that thing away from her, just as fast as you can say "wokeupthewholehousehold" and "probablysomeoftheneighborstoo."
So I did some more Mama circus tricks to calm the child down, and eventually, by the sheer grace of the everlasting God, she fell back asleep. In her bed.
And now we are repeating the same thing tonight.
Minus the recorder.