Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Symphony Night At The Library

I have some sort of unhealthy addiction to the library. The events! The resources! The easy access to other kids' germs!

And all this for free!!

Oh but anyway.

Our local library is having Symphony night once a week during the month of January. Each time they invite a Real Live Orchestra Member to strut their stuff, all the while complementing the program with books and hands-on activities and crafts.

Oh, I love me some musical instruments, and how about those real! live! drums! in the library!!

Here is the Zig, trying out some sort of percussion type of thing.



I'd give you the actual name of the instrument, but I was with Susie in another section of the library, practicing my "shhhhhhh" sound at the girl.

Didn't work.

(Pa was with the boys. Because I KNEW you were wondering.)

And then the Campers, making his own maraca.



Ziggy was so thrilled with his maraca because it was filled with rice! And beans! And "macaroni-and-cheese!" And he wanted to know if I could cook it for him as soon as we got home.

Now there's a boy after my own heart. Who wants to play the maraca, when you can eat it instead?

And here's a nice display of the instruments that the kids got to try:



Speaking of sharing germs, I noticed that after we arrived at the library that the Zig was producing an enormous quantity of eye gunk out both orbs.

What is it with me and sick kids and special events at the library?

Oh groan.

I saw no pinkness in the eye, just a lot of boogs.

So who knows.

But I'm thinking I'll need to write apology notes to about eight thousand parents rightthissecond.

And hand them out next week. When we take our germs, oops I mean kids, to the library and learn about the oboe.

Until next time, remember to wash your hands. Well. You never know who is lurking in your library.