Our city recently (two months back, AHEM) had a big "Keep Portland Weird" festival. If there's one thing that will draw the Ma and Pa Clan out of the house, it's a festival involving the word "weird."
Amen.
The main draw for us was an hour-long interactive program where the kids got to try out all sorts of circus-type skills.
Spinning plates:
Amen.
The main draw for us was an hour-long interactive program where the kids got to try out all sorts of circus-type skills.
Spinning plates:
I tried my hand ("feet") at walking on the stilts as well. This picture was taken one nanosecond after I started and two nanoseconds before I fell:

Once we had totally exhausted ourselves with tossing and turning, we moseyed around and found a whole group of people singing in four-part harmony. Nice! It was so nice! It was the type of thing where the audience members were encouraged to sing along, so I made the Pa grab a song book for me to join in.
Once we had totally exhausted ourselves with tossing and turning, we moseyed around and found a whole group of people singing in four-part harmony. Nice! It was so nice! It was the type of thing where the audience members were encouraged to sing along, so I made the Pa grab a song book for me to join in.
And I'm telling you. I don't care HOW MANY TIMES Mr. Music Major himself tried to explain shape note singing to me, I still didn't get it. I still don't!
So anyway.
It was weird. But we loved it.
Naturally.
So anyway.
It was weird. But we loved it.
Naturally.