Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Day: Part 6

I recognize that this post will put many of you to sleep (you're welcome, Insomniacs), but let the record show:

SOME people like to know what other people had to eat on holidays.

M'kay?

Besides, sometimes it's just plain fun to look at someone else's kitchen.

EAT-CHER HEART OUT, PARTY ANIMALS!



Dear Mom: That is SPARKLING CIDER on the table.

Moving on.

I always keep the Christmas menu pretty ho-hum, seeing as I've not obtained additional superpowers. After all, I cannot BOTH prepare a gourmet meal AND sit around the house moaning all Christmas morning.

Priorities, people.

Cut me some slack.

So.

We had ham with pineapple (crock pot, because HELLO, SOMEONE WILL WANT TO KNOW), cheesy potatoes (my other crock pot!), canned green beans (fain-cee!) and wait for it...wait for it...biscuits from a can.



Oh, there was some of my Grandma's cranberry salad in there too, and I think we just had 18 servings of whatever sugar junk we had lying around the house for dessert.

Next topic.

My hair.

Quite by accident (due of course to a mixture of laziness and frugality), I never got around to getting a hair cut, so my bangs kept growing. Eventually I had a good thing going, and decided to just bite the bullet and grow my hair out -- even the bangs -- for the first time in my life.

First time!

In my life!

No bangs!

Besides having to buy a gazillion do-dads just to keep the tresses out of my face, the 'do is starting to grow on me.



Hubs is pleading the fifth.

Though I did see him gazing longingly at an old photo of me (SHORT HAIR) and saying, "I really liked THIS hairdo."

So.

We're having a little experiment at our house called, "Ma's Hair."

I'll let you know next summer who wins.