I spent the day taking three kids to the pediatrician, all for a simple well-child check for our next adoption. If that wasn't exhausting enough (Hello! Three kids, a Ma, a nurse and a doctor all in a room the size of a chair!), we found out that all three kids needed to be caught up with their shots.
Ugh.
That went over like a lead balloon, especially since I had promised, sing-songedly, happy-faced promised the boys that There Would Be No Shots Just Some Basic Weighing And Measuring.
LIAR.
TRAITOR.
Sister Suz needed just one shot, but by the amount of howling, you'd think she'd received 820.
Cam got a needle in each arm, and it will take him about 376 years to trust me again.
Little Zig, SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK, needed FIVE vaccinations to catch up, and even though the thought horrified me, I didn't have the backbone to ask if those could be spread out a bit.
SELF-LOATHING ALERT.
And please don't add to my misery by telling me scary vaccination stories. I'm guilting myself well enough on my own.
It's a family trait, RIGHT MOM?
So the nurse brought out all the needles (EIGHT!) on a kid's plate, because we all know that a happy shiny plate helps the medicine go down.
Zig got three needles in his legs and one in each arm. I think I cried more than he did.
OH, MOTHERHOOD, YOU SLAY ME.
So.
On that note, we're just going to take a walk down memory lane and take a little look-see at some oldies but some goodies.
Firstly. WHO is this couple with all the hair, and who's that cute babe on the lap?
Ugh.
That went over like a lead balloon, especially since I had promised, sing-songedly, happy-faced promised the boys that There Would Be No Shots Just Some Basic Weighing And Measuring.
LIAR.
TRAITOR.
Sister Suz needed just one shot, but by the amount of howling, you'd think she'd received 820.
Cam got a needle in each arm, and it will take him about 376 years to trust me again.
Little Zig, SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK, needed FIVE vaccinations to catch up, and even though the thought horrified me, I didn't have the backbone to ask if those could be spread out a bit.
SELF-LOATHING ALERT.
And please don't add to my misery by telling me scary vaccination stories. I'm guilting myself well enough on my own.
It's a family trait, RIGHT MOM?
So the nurse brought out all the needles (EIGHT!) on a kid's plate, because we all know that a happy shiny plate helps the medicine go down.
Zig got three needles in his legs and one in each arm. I think I cried more than he did.
OH, MOTHERHOOD, YOU SLAY ME.
So.
On that note, we're just going to take a walk down memory lane and take a little look-see at some oldies but some goodies.
Firstly. WHO is this couple with all the hair, and who's that cute babe on the lap?

That was our Christmas card picture, circa 2001. Back in the day where we had time for such things. Back when we had just one child and he was not moving. And not talking. Not sleeping through the night, either, but Let's Not Bring That Up.
And because I Am The Queen Of All Things Rambling, I feel it necessary to say that Camper's head in that picture was taken from another shot. It always bugs me to look at that photoshopped image. But alas, PA.
Next.
If I could go back in time, THIS era would be top on the list:
And because I Am The Queen Of All Things Rambling, I feel it necessary to say that Camper's head in that picture was taken from another shot. It always bugs me to look at that photoshopped image. But alas, PA.
Next.
If I could go back in time, THIS era would be top on the list:

I'm telling you. Every ("every!") family needs a Zig. A sweet, sweet soul at rest who says to me that he "loves me to the moon and back."
Every ("every!") family also needs a Campers, the first-born who is all things curious and responsible and always willing to Talk Like An Adult.
And as some friends were telling me the other day, one thing our family was missing was this:
Every ("every!") family also needs a Campers, the first-born who is all things curious and responsible and always willing to Talk Like An Adult.
And as some friends were telling me the other day, one thing our family was missing was this:
