Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bob's Red Mill, Take Two

If you're really up on the details of our life, you might remember that we toured a bit of Bob's Red Mill last fall.

Well, now there's a new factory in town, and they graciously opened their doors for the Masses to come in.


We were about 250 pounds of that Mass.

Oh, but who's stepping on the scale where there are grains to be talked about?!?!

Most memorable part of the Educational Tour were the hair nets:



And I double-dog-dare you to look at this picture of the Zig and try not to laugh:



Here's the complete set of miniature tourists:



Course, I had the whole Hair Net Getup on as well, but you won't see a picture of that anywhere on this site, I'llhaveyouknow.

And right in the midst of the tour, the boys were suddenly overwhelmed with their love of whole grains that they rushed in to hug one another:



Safety glasses and all.

And just to prove that we did learn something besides 101 Ways To Keep A Hair Net On A Baby, here Campers is beside a Real Live Mill:



Boys loved "driving" the golf the best:



Oh, but then there was Bob. "The" Bob, as in "Bob's" Red Mill, "Bob." In the flesh, greeting all the folks who came to tour his mills.

I didn't get his signature or anything, but you can find that on any ol' package of grains. I promise I won't let The Moment go to my head.



And here the boys are by some old mill or something (this was at the end of the tour, where my ability to pay attention was even shorter than the kids'). Looks like Zig is doing a rousing rendition of the Chicken Dance:


And with that, we took our newly acquired geeky grain knowledge and went home.