Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Voting Paradise

Our state finally got around to holding their primary elections. You know, when there was one presidential candidate left to vote for.

But enough political talk. Did you know that all elections in our state are handled through the mail? The mail?!?!? Yes!!! I never have to Get In The Van and Drive To No Man's Land and Wait In Line and Wrestle Three Monkeys and Locate My Preferences In My Sorry State Of A Brain just to vote.



Oh, it's bliss.

And it saves the state money.

Never fear, the kids still get to see me vote (as if they ever leave my side), and I can take my time determining just who I am and am not going to vote for.

Which is not too hard if you're a registered Republican living on the West Coast.

Why?

Because there are No Republicans On The Ballot.

Took me a while to figure out why each role had a little line that said, "No candidates filed for this position."

It was enough to make me register as a Democrat.

Just kidding, Dad. Take two aspirin! Lie down! Breathe!

(I'll wait till next year to re-register.)

Snnnneeeeerrrrkkkkk.

And with that educational and engaging political essay, I'll sign off.