Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh, You Know. Ma The Teacher.

Since I just can't seem to get enough teaching in throughout the week, I decided to take up the challenge on the weekends too.

We are part of a church plant in our city, and I, in my aren't-I-so-loving and good-with-children ways, was asked to do the main lesson time with the kids.



I'm not sure who was more shocked at that request: Pa or Yours Truly. Because really, I am much more suited to hiding in the closet and doing "ministry" from there.

I like groups of kids, I do.

Just from miles and miles away.

So anyway.

Each lesson corresponds to what the adults are learning in Big Church, and I usually try to come up with something messy and hands-on for the chitlins to do. It's a true test of my creativity to keep a variety of kids engaged. Mostly I just sweat a few bullets until it's over.

Whowoulda thought? Ma Meets Children's Ministry. Shocking.