Saturday, October 4, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

Campers has had a loose tooth since--And I'm Not Even Kidding--the beginning of summer.

IT HAS TOTALLY DRIVEN ME INSANE.

("Short trip," as my mother would say.)

(We said that phrase a lot growing up.)

(Explains a few things.)

SO THIS TOOTH.

Campers spent the day wobbling it back and forth and we showed it to every neighbor and store clerk who would give us the time of day.



He was determined to get the tooth out before his birthday. Mostly he wanted to catch up with the neighbor boy who has lost both his front teeth.

This picture is especially hick charming:



Pa finally got tired of the whole tooth-ordeal (hello! 'bout time!) that he told Campers he could have a pile of chocolate if he pulled out his tooth.

I am here to tell you--bribery works.



Then Pa spent the rest of the evening making Campers say things like "Sister Susie sittin' on a thistle" just for the whistling thrill of it.

And after the posting of this exciting news, I'll return to our regularly scheduled zoo pictures. Hope you like giraffes and the hind end of hippos.