The giraffe was a big hit with the kids. So we stood around and stared at the spotted thing eating his food for about... oh... six hours.
I might have exaggerated on that a bit.
So while we loitered and looked, I took the opportunity to eavesdrop on the 467 conversations going on around me.
Oh? You don't think there were that many?
(Hello! "Cheap Day!")
Eventually I heard a gal say, "You know where the best hippo exhibit is?"
And you know what she said?
"TOLEDO, OHIO."
I said straightaway to her, "Nu-uh, girlfriend! You from Ohio?"
And she was, and so we talked, and wasn't that a nice little story.
But I dunno. I kinda liked this view of the hippos:
I might have exaggerated on that a bit.
So while we loitered and looked, I took the opportunity to eavesdrop on the 467 conversations going on around me.
Oh? You don't think there were that many?
(Hello! "Cheap Day!")
Eventually I heard a gal say, "You know where the best hippo exhibit is?"
And you know what she said?
"TOLEDO, OHIO."
I said straightaway to her, "Nu-uh, girlfriend! You from Ohio?"
And she was, and so we talked, and wasn't that a nice little story.
But I dunno. I kinda liked this view of the hippos: