Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday At The Pumpkin Patch

How is it that my son gets one year older and I age ten?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anyway. When we last "talked," I mentioned that Pa was planning to take a day off of work to surprise his boy on his birthday.

Campers got up early on his birthday, saw that his Pa was still in bed, and starting giving ME the third degree. "Why's Dad still in bed! He's late for work! He shouldn't be here!"

I like to mess with my kids. Makes for interesting therapy later on.

So.

We took the morning and went to a pumpkin patch, a whole farm where you could actually See A Pumpkin Growing In Its Natural Habitat.

We took the neighbor girl with us, thinking that the only thing better than one two-year-old on an outing is two of them on an outing.

I like to call this picture, "Hey, everyone. DON'T look at the camera."


I would just like to mention that when you have three (four) kids--the expectations go WAY DOWN.

Just sayin'.

It's become so obvious to me that my boy is seven. S-E-V-E-N. His goofy boyishness has "shot" up a few notches:


Yes, that gourd is being used as a gun, in case you're wondering.

(Let's all have a collective laugh at those parents who "don't give their kids any guns.")

(Feelin' kinda snarky today.)

(TODAY?)

Oh, but here's the best part. Our outing for the day was all part of a school field trip where the kids actually had to learn something.

IT'S LIKE I CAN SEE THE THERAPY FEE RISING.

So here are the kids with the owner of the farm, playing a "guess the vegetable" game.


Which my kids totally rocked, I might add.

(IT'S MY BLOG. I CAN BE AS OBNOXIOUS AS I WANT TO.)

Oh, but I'm not nearly so evil of a teacher-mother as it might seem.

(Snnnerrrrk.)

While Pa and I were chasing a couple of wild horses girls, the boys hung out in a tree:


A bit of birthday bliss, for sure.

Lots more incredibly cute, squashy pictures to come. Be forewarned.