You'd never guess someone was about to turn seven. Or maybe the missing teeth and goofy hand signs gave it away.
So there was a cake to be baked, and beaters to be licked:
The two beaters went to the boys... but you see who's in the background? Oh stink, I thought to myself. I'll never get the hang of this "three child" gig.
So I served up the spatula to the girl.
So I served up the spatula to the girl.
And then the boys and their Pa spent the evening decorating the cake. Campers informed me this summer that he was "no longer into superheroes."
Funny. That revelation came soon after his friends at the park decided that they were no longer into superheroes.
Ahem.
But one thing Campers is into is "nature," and so for months he's been talking about having a "nature cake." Pa and the boy have spent many, many nights planning the whole thing out.
Not that Campers gets great delight in planning, or anything.
Gene pool.
So here he is, in his element:
Funny. That revelation came soon after his friends at the park decided that they were no longer into superheroes.
Ahem.
But one thing Campers is into is "nature," and so for months he's been talking about having a "nature cake." Pa and the boy have spent many, many nights planning the whole thing out.
Not that Campers gets great delight in planning, or anything.
Gene pool.
So here he is, in his element:
Sticking some gummy worms in the dirt.
Lots more pics to come.
Big day is Friday.
(Shhhh... don't tell Campers, but Pa decided to take a day off to celebrate with his boy. Can you say, "fill the love tank?")
Happy seven year Momiversary to me. I suppose it's a seven year Dadiversary too, but hey. I didn't see HIM pushing the baby out.
Lots more pics to come.
Big day is Friday.
(Shhhh... don't tell Campers, but Pa decided to take a day off to celebrate with his boy. Can you say, "fill the love tank?")
Happy seven year Momiversary to me. I suppose it's a seven year Dadiversary too, but hey. I didn't see HIM pushing the baby out.