Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blondie Alert

I completely forget that when I take two pale-faced blondie boys into the Asian market with me that we might, just might stick out a little bit.

And since we had the attention of half the Asian population in the city anyway, we decided to impress them all with our our Vast Knowledge and Grasp of the Chinese language.

"Xie-Xie," ("Shay Shay," thank you) the boys told the checkout gal after she handed them each some Christmas chocolate.

See, I just knew we were meant to be linguists.



But the boys had a great time at the meat counter, checking out the big pack-o-chicken-feet, pig feet, pig tongue, AND pig ears.

I tried IN VAIN to gross them out.

No dice.

But Zig DID gross everyone else out with his "Look, Mom! WORMS!!" proclamation. (Pointing to the ground meat, in case you were wondering.)

But then again, the Chinese DO eat every part of the animal but the squeal.

And that they just passed on to Susie.

Oh, I like to kid.