Campers memorizes a new Bible verse each week for school. His favorite, out of roughly thirty choices, is:
"Vengeance is mine, I will repay," saith the Lord.
When I explained what the verse meant, Campers said:
"Yeah, I like revenge."
We're doing just fine here, at school. Passing on a lot of Really Admirable Qualities.
So each verse has a song that goes with it, which is why I think the boys like the verse so much. It's a "cool" sounding song. And we keep the CD in the van, where we can listen to their favorite, over and over and over again.
Talk about "vengeance."
But I digress.
So one day, Pa was picking the lot of us up at the doors of Stuff Mart, and while we were loading kids and JUNK into the van, the music was playing. Loudly. And lots of folks, lots of 'em, were hearing the Sweet Melody Of Pure Christian Love coming forth from our van.
"VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY, SAITH THE LORD, SAITH THE LORD!!!"
We were quite beside ourselves, that we were. Bringing folks to Jesus, as best as we knew how.
But the boys were oblivious and continue to love the song. As a matter of fact, it is the only song that I have actually heard Campers "sing."
Because he is far too cool to "sing."
And finally, to the picture. Here he is, jumping on MY bed (notice how I claim the whole thing for myself), running in circles, and singing "Vengeance Is Mine."
It was a Proud Mama moment.
Well, as proud as any Ma could be about her son loving revenge enough to sing about it.
"Vengeance is mine, I will repay," saith the Lord.
When I explained what the verse meant, Campers said:
"Yeah, I like revenge."
We're doing just fine here, at school. Passing on a lot of Really Admirable Qualities.
So each verse has a song that goes with it, which is why I think the boys like the verse so much. It's a "cool" sounding song. And we keep the CD in the van, where we can listen to their favorite, over and over and over again.
Talk about "vengeance."
But I digress.
So one day, Pa was picking the lot of us up at the doors of Stuff Mart, and while we were loading kids and JUNK into the van, the music was playing. Loudly. And lots of folks, lots of 'em, were hearing the Sweet Melody Of Pure Christian Love coming forth from our van.
"VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY, SAITH THE LORD, SAITH THE LORD!!!"
We were quite beside ourselves, that we were. Bringing folks to Jesus, as best as we knew how.
But the boys were oblivious and continue to love the song. As a matter of fact, it is the only song that I have actually heard Campers "sing."
Because he is far too cool to "sing."
And finally, to the picture. Here he is, jumping on MY bed (notice how I claim the whole thing for myself), running in circles, and singing "Vengeance Is Mine."
It was a Proud Mama moment.
Well, as proud as any Ma could be about her son loving revenge enough to sing about it.
