(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)
Most of our time in Guangzhou was spent Waiting On Paperwork To Be Cleared So That We Could Take Our Babe And Go Home.
So, we saw the sights, mostly to keep from going mad by staying in a hotel room with a small infant.
Because going out and about with a small infant is so much more enjoyable.
So Guangzhou (gwan-joe) has a folk art museum, that is...how do I say...
Folkartsy?
Truly, it was lovely to soak up some beauty and culture. But then the Bozo Bug took over, and the Pa and I ended up doing things like this:
Most of our time in Guangzhou was spent Waiting On Paperwork To Be Cleared So That We Could Take Our Babe And Go Home.
So, we saw the sights, mostly to keep from going mad by staying in a hotel room with a small infant.
Because going out and about with a small infant is so much more enjoyable.
So Guangzhou (gwan-joe) has a folk art museum, that is...how do I say...
Folkartsy?
Truly, it was lovely to soak up some beauty and culture. But then the Bozo Bug took over, and the Pa and I ended up doing things like this:
Mind you, this was all before we had been approved to leave the country.
With one of their own.
It's a good thing that "meekness" and "normalcy" are not part of the requirements for adoptive parents.
Because we'd never have made it to China.



