(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen TWENTY-FOUR days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)
It was time for: The Last Supper. This "last hurrah" at a restaurant in the hotel was enjoyed by many of those in our travel group. I'd include their pictures too, but thought I'd save them the embarrassment of looking like a chipmunk:
(Note the impressive feat of feeding Susie a bottle, and feeding myself an 8" hunk of bok choy--with chopsticks. A learned skill, for sure.)
And that phrase, "worn-out?" A bit of an understatement.
But as we sat around the table, we were simply in shock that we had done it. We had filled out the paperwork and had flown all over China for one purpose and one purpose only:
To Bring Our Babies Home.
And, the next day--that's where we were going to be.
Unbelievable.
It was time for: The Last Supper. This "last hurrah" at a restaurant in the hotel was enjoyed by many of those in our travel group. I'd include their pictures too, but thought I'd save them the embarrassment of looking like a chipmunk:
(Note the impressive feat of feeding Susie a bottle, and feeding myself an 8" hunk of bok choy--with chopsticks. A learned skill, for sure.)
And that phrase, "worn-out?" A bit of an understatement.
But as we sat around the table, we were simply in shock that we had done it. We had filled out the paperwork and had flown all over China for one purpose and one purpose only:
To Bring Our Babies Home.
And, the next day--that's where we were going to be.
Unbelievable.