Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flashback February: Day 14, Part 1

(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen NINETEEN days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)

Still in Guangzhou.

Got our girl all gussied up for Valentine's Day:



Headed out to shop:



Where we mostly just goofed off:



And ate:



"Lucy's" is a "traditional" (I mean that in an American-tradition, not a Chinese-tradition kind of way) place to eat while hanging out in Guangzhou. We decided to give in to our sheep-like behavior and follow the crowd to some burgers and onion rings. Don't get me wrong--I love me some Chinese food. But it was nice to have some greasy American fare while off in a faraway land.

We were on the home stretch, that we were.


(Read the whole China story.)