(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)
Most of the four hours in the meat closet, aka The Civil Affairs Building, were spent filling out paperwork and doing other kinds of things, like shivering. Oh, I guess we got an official "family picture" taken, which became part of our daughter's adoption decree.
And then there was the foot printing party:
If you can't see our girl, it's because she was half asleep at this point. Never the mind, all they needed were the feet. Wasn't like she had to count to 100 in Chinese or anything.
And speaking of counting, here is the Fee Collector, inspecting and being very meticulous with our group's stash of cash:
Most of the four hours in the meat closet, aka The Civil Affairs Building, were spent filling out paperwork and doing other kinds of things, like shivering. Oh, I guess we got an official "family picture" taken, which became part of our daughter's adoption decree.
And then there was the foot printing party:
If you can't see our girl, it's because she was half asleep at this point. Never the mind, all they needed were the feet. Wasn't like she had to count to 100 in Chinese or anything.
And speaking of counting, here is the Fee Collector, inspecting and being very meticulous with our group's stash of cash:
And while *I* was getting a cramp in my hand from writing my name and passport number and age when I had my first pimple sixteen hundred times, Pa was busy feeding the babe:
And look! He had walked out to the bus to get his coat.
Didn't help much.
And then, without having had lunch OR dinner, we headed to the hotel for the night.
And before we could say "figure out" and "how to fix a bottle" and "in a hotel room," Sister Susie had drifted off to sleep:



