Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Flashback February: Day 5, Part 4

(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)

Some pictures need their own post.

This one will go down in history as one of "The Pictures" from China.



The photo was taken by the Pa just shortly after I had been handed my daughter for the first time. She did nothing but stare, stare, and stare at us for the first several days--if not weeks.

It was our speech, our smell, our skin, the schnoz on Pa's face. Everything was new. Everything was different.

She was checking us out for sure. Did she know us? Could she trust us?

It was a good day when her stares came to an end.

We had passed her test. We were "normal."

(Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, eh?)