(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen TWENTY-THREE days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)
We are now entering Our Official Last Day In China.
But never fear, I still have at least 4-5 posts rumbling around in this head-o-mine. Surprised?
Our morning trek took us to the U.S. Consulate, where about 100 other people were loitering around, all there to do the same thing: Swear.
And lemmetellya, there was a lot to swear about. Waiting, crying babies, stinky babies, and more waiting. Oh, and the fact that we couldn't take our camera inside to, ummmm, document the moment.
Because as you can see, we are Strictly Business when it comes to Reporting.
Yes, but seriously folks, after about 45 minutes of waiting, some Official Person came in, and we all raised our right hands and swore that what we put in our documents was true.
I mean, it had been two years since we had filled out the paperwork--what did *I* know?!? But swear I did.
Besides, I was too distracted to notice much of the official stuff going on. We had heard that Jim Caviezel was in town--adopting a child at the very same time--and our chances of seeing him at this Official U.S. Stop was actually quite high. So I spent most of my time peering around, looking for a movie-star mob.
No dice.
I'm guessing Mr. Caviezel simply has friends in high places (!!), and was able to bypass the hordes of people and have his own little session of swearing.
Pa wanted to see him just so he could say, "I met Jesus in China."
He thinks he's so clever.
But some of our travel mates did see Jesus--and here's the pic to prove it:

But even without Jesus being present for our swearing (probably a good thing), we still accomplished this Last Step of adoption paperwork in China.
Our girl was free to leave the country. With us.
We are now entering Our Official Last Day In China.
But never fear, I still have at least 4-5 posts rumbling around in this head-o-mine. Surprised?
Our morning trek took us to the U.S. Consulate, where about 100 other people were loitering around, all there to do the same thing: Swear.
And lemmetellya, there was a lot to swear about. Waiting, crying babies, stinky babies, and more waiting. Oh, and the fact that we couldn't take our camera inside to, ummmm, document the moment.
Because as you can see, we are Strictly Business when it comes to Reporting.
Yes, but seriously folks, after about 45 minutes of waiting, some Official Person came in, and we all raised our right hands and swore that what we put in our documents was true.
I mean, it had been two years since we had filled out the paperwork--what did *I* know?!? But swear I did.
Besides, I was too distracted to notice much of the official stuff going on. We had heard that Jim Caviezel was in town--adopting a child at the very same time--and our chances of seeing him at this Official U.S. Stop was actually quite high. So I spent most of my time peering around, looking for a movie-star mob.
No dice.
I'm guessing Mr. Caviezel simply has friends in high places (!!), and was able to bypass the hordes of people and have his own little session of swearing.
Pa wanted to see him just so he could say, "I met Jesus in China."
He thinks he's so clever.
But some of our travel mates did see Jesus--and here's the pic to prove it:

But even without Jesus being present for our swearing (probably a good thing), we still accomplished this Last Step of adoption paperwork in China.
Our girl was free to leave the country. With us.
(Read the whole China story.)