(One year ago this month, Pa and I made the trek to China to adopt our sweet Sister Susie. I am going to take the first seventeen TWENTY-EIGHT days of February 2008 to revisit that trip. Hop in for the ride!)
I really like this picture. Oh, sure...it looks like I have a hand growing out my right side:
I really like this picture. Oh, sure...it looks like I have a hand growing out my right side:
But besides that, it makes me glad that we took a moment to say "goodbye" to China and all that it meant to us.
We mourned and celebrated many of our "finals:"
The final flights to not miss
The final bags to be packed
The final night in a hotel
The final hours of being a minority
The final paperwork to be signed
The final clowning around at group meals
The final view of the soil and the beauty of China
The final goofball-inducing sightseeing
The final sightings of pigs
The final moments as a group
The final meals eaten with meals eaten with chopsticks
The final diaper changing routines
The final squatty potty adventures
It was good to say "goodbye" then; it is good to say "goodbye" now.
(But we're still not home yet.)
(More to come.)
(And for those who wish I would just hurry up and get this China reminiscing over with--never fear. The end is near.)
(Read the whole China story.)