In the heart of downtown is this only-too-appropriate statue of a man with an umbrella. And that goof beside him is Pa.
Most people in town do not carry umbrellas. Why bother?? If it's raining, it will stop in a short while. It's just more trouble than it's worth. And today's breeze was 45 mph, I am not making that up or exaggerating, as Pa says I sometimes do, so I guess there's no sense in breaking another flimsy umbrella.
But Pa--He is fully geared up with a folds-up-to-the-size-of-a-dime umbrella. He's gotta keep his hair dry, ya know.
So the natives go without, the dorks wear ponchos, and the tourists haul umbrellas.
Embrace the rain, embrace the rain.
Most people in town do not carry umbrellas. Why bother?? If it's raining, it will stop in a short while. It's just more trouble than it's worth. And today's breeze was 45 mph, I am not making that up or exaggerating, as Pa says I sometimes do, so I guess there's no sense in breaking another flimsy umbrella.
But Pa--He is fully geared up with a folds-up-to-the-size-of-a-dime umbrella. He's gotta keep his hair dry, ya know.
So the natives go without, the dorks wear ponchos, and the tourists haul umbrellas.
Embrace the rain, embrace the rain.
